BLOG

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Vaughn Aldredge's handlebars

We get a lot of questions about the handlebars on the home page of our web site.

That bike belongs to Vaughn Aldredge and he had this to say about the bars:

We pulled those bars off of some Jamis city-bike that was in a state of disrepair at my LBS. I had originally bought the Nitto mustache bars, but the end handles weren't long enough to hold the cork grips, rotary shifter, and brakes before curving around. I spent a day searching online for a replacement - and really hadn't found anything that had enough space on the end bars for everything - but that also swept forward like a classic mustache bar. Before I found anything, my LBS called up and told me about the used Jamis bars. I'm not sure if they still make those bars, but I do need another pair (for a similar build - my wife's version of my bike) so I'm planning on calling Jamis at some point to see if I can score another pair.

No comments: